Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) is a centre of excellence in the energy sector, promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited (GSPC), a Government of Gujarat Undertaking. GERMI has three mandates:
- Research and Development
Our work bridges both the petroleum and renewable energy sectors. We aim towards improving the knowledge base of policy makers, regulators and provides a competitive edge to industry leaders to compete in the global arena.
GERMI is based in the capital city of Gujarat in Gandhinagar, India.
- GERMI is a registered Society and Trust under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Trust Act, 1950.
- GERMI is a recognized Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India.
- GERMI is a schedule-I Environment Auditor recognized by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB).
GERMI envisions to become a world class research, development, advisory and training organization in the field of conventional and renewable energy
GERMI has a threefold mission across both the Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy Sectors:
- To conduct societally relevant research in India
- To advise Governments, Industry and Not-for-Profits on specific energy topics
- To train and skill manpower with skills that are relevant to the industry
GERMI is organized into two research wings
Petroleum Laboratory Seismic Data Interpretation Center
Research & Development Advisory & Consulting Project Management Consulting Training and Skill Development Environment and Energy Efficiency