Summer Internship Programme (SIP) - 2019
Application for Summer Internship for Pre-final or final year students interested in areas of Petroleum Exploration, is invited .Students pursuing B.Tech./ M.Tech./ M.Sc./ M.Sc.(Tech) in Geophysics/ Geology/ Petroleum Exploration/ Computer sciencecan apply for internship, which is expected to begin from 10/20 May, 2019, for a minimum period of 60 days. Interested students may submit the online application along with recommendation letter of their HoD’s in the prescribed format latest by 25th April, 2019.
Eligibility of Students
- Only B.Tech./ M.Tech./ M.Sc./ M.Sc.(Tech) in Geophysics/ Geology/ Petroleum Exploration/ Computer sciencestudents are eligible to apply for this internship program.
- Only Pre-final or final year students will be considered.
- Students majoring in Geology/ Petroleum exploration/ Geophysics/ Computer Science, with interest in Exploration for Oil & Gas are eligible to apply.
- Student should be available to spend at least 60 days at GERMI. (No leave during the training will be entertained.)
- Those students who had earlier taken the internship need not apply. If applied, the same will not be considered.
Support Provided by GERMI
- Selected Students will be provided sum of Rs.7500/- per month as Stipend.
- Travel /Accommodation and food has to be managed by the Students themselves. GERMI Will help in getting hostel facility near GERMI campus. Payments has to be made by students.
- They will be given Internet connectivity to carry out their research work and students are expected to come with their own laptop computers.
- Based on the work assigned, students may also be required to travel. GERMI will support their travel as per the project needs.
- It is strongly advised to go through the GERMI website and examine the earlier student projects.
- All IPR and copy rights belong to GERMI. However, Sharing of authorship will be decided on merit basis on case to case. The interns have sign an undertaking to that effects.
Application and Selection Process
- Prior to submitting an application, the student should review the GERMI website, to know its background and to understand the areas of research of GERMI and the facilities available.
- Students will have to fill online application form along with latest resume and recommendation or forwarding letter by their institute/ universities max 100 KB size.
- The applications, the forms and the resumes received from the students shall be reviewed for completeness and eligibility and also the facilities.
- A final list of shortlisted students for the internship program will be intimated to their respective institutes and also to the students by first week of-May-2019.
Last Date for Submission of Application
5th May, 2019 is the deadline for receiving Online Application Form from GERMI website.
Other Important Notes/ Instructions
- Online application should be submitted along with recommendation letter from the respective institution or by the students signed by HoD’s.
- All students are considered as guest researchers and are subject to GERMI’s regulations with regard to internship eligibility, facility access, professional conduct, and drug and alcohol use or possession.
- The ability to work without supervision in a careful and conscientious manner is essential.
- The selected students will have to give an undertaking to GERMI on IPR to the effect that he/she will have no right/claim on the report submitted by him/her to the GERMI after completion of the internship except submission to his/her university institute and the GERMI shall be free to use the same in the manner considered appropriate by it.
- The students should also give a declaration that he/she will maintain complete secrecy and shall not use for any other purpose any information of confidential nature that might come to his/her knowledge during the period of internship.
- All the students need to submit a report to GERMI at the end of the internship program, on the research activities carried out at GERMI, duly signed by their project guide at GERMI.
- Scanned copy of the documents and CV/ resume for uploading not more than 100 KB size.